dainty things in blue

Poetry * Photos * Day-to-Day Life

Thursday, April 19, 2007

swoon!

I feel like I am going to die of happiness because I got floor tickets for Wilco at Merriweather Post Pavilion. The last time Chris and I saw them there, we were in Row G -- which was a very nice row, don't get me wrong. But this is even better. It hasn't even been an entire year since I've seen Wilco (in Montreal last July) but I am suffering major withdrawal symptoms. I have had the .mp3s of the new CD for over a month, but I can't wait until it actually gets released so I can have it in my hands. I am considering buying it on vinyl because I really like the cover artwork and it would look nice hanging in our living room. (You know, since Chris says that hanging an actual portrait of Jeff Tweedy in our house is out of the question.)

Damn, I never update this blog. Things happening:

1. It's still winter. It is winter until I can stop wearing my winter coat. It is still winter. I do not like it one bit.

2. 37 days until our trip to San Francisco, Monterey, Napa and Mill Valley for Ian & Caroline's wedding.

3. My niece, Maggie Moss, is the sweetest baby in the whole world. I get to see her again on Sunday.

4. The classes I am taking this semester, though incredibly interesting, are depressing the hell out of me. Yvor Winters' poetry is giving me an existential crisis, and in the other course, which is basically an independent study, I am concentrating on the themes of depression and suicide in the works of Hart Crane, Sylvia Plath, and John Berryman.

5. My house is a disgusting, filthy mess but I refuse to spring clean until winter is over. And winter isn't over until I can stop wearing my winter coat.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very exciting. I'm seeing Wilco in Louisville this September :)

     
  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger Dyan said…

    Yay! a little bit of Heather to read every day

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.